Barley Soup Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Barley Soup Recipe gets its mushrooms,onions and sour cream.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Barley Soup Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Barley Soup Recipe
Barley Soup Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Barley Soup Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Barley Soup Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 4 people
- 1 lb mushrooms freshly Sliced
- 1/2 c raw pearl barley
- 6 T butter
- 1 t salt
- 2 carrots thinly Sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 T lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 onions Chopped
- 6 c rich beef stock w marrow
- 1 potato large
- 1/2 Cubed
- 1 black pepper Freshly Ground
- 1 T dill freshly Snipped
- 6 T sour cream
- Put 2 tablespoons of butter into a large stock pot then add the onions & garlic.
- Saute the onions & garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter until they are soft.
- Add the stock, the carrots, bay leaves, and the potatoes. Stir then add the salt, pepper, dill, & barley.
- Bring it to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Saute the mushrooms in the remaining butter for 3-4 minutes then add to the pot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the lemon juice just before serving and put 1 tablespoon of sour cream into each bowl of soup as you serve it.