Janets Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Janets Recipe gets its zest sugar,butter and milk.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Janets Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Janets Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Janets Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Janets Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 4 people
- 4 c flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 pk dry yeast
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t cardamom
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/4 t nutmeg Grated
- 2/3 c milk
- 1/2 c butter Unsalted
- 1/4 c water
- 2 eggs
- 1 c mixed candied fruit Chopped
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c choped walnuts
- Combine 1 cup of the flour, the sugar, yeast, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg in a mixing bowl. Place the milk, butter, and water in a saucepan and heat over low heat until warm 120-130 degrees stirring until the butter melts.
- Gradually add the warm milk mixture to the flour. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, and 1 cup flour and beat 2 minutes longer.
- Add the candied fruit, raisins, and walnuts. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as possible. Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead in remaining flour.
- Knead for 10 minutes, until dough is smooth and elastic. Place dough in greased bowl, cover, and let rise about 1 1/2 hours or until double in bulk.
- Punch dough down and divide in half. Knead each piece for 1-2 minutes. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. Roll each out to an 11 x 7-inch oval. Fold over in half.
- Place on greased cookie sheets, cover, and let rise about 45 minutes. Bake in a preheated 375 oven 25-30 minutes.