Cherry Dumplings Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Cherry Dumplings Recipe gets its egg,cloves and cream.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Cherry Dumplings Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Cherry Dumplings Recipe
Cherry Dumplings Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Cherry Dumplings Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Cherry Dumplings Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 t salt
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 16 oz cherries tart red Pitted canned
- 9 T sugar
- 3 T cornstarch
- 1/4 t cinnamon
- 1/8 t cloves
- 1 egg white
- 23 oz sour cherry preserves
- 6 T butter melted
- 1 pt sour cream
- Blend 1/3 cup sour cream, egg, yolk and salt. Add flour and mix thoroughly until dough forms ball. Wrap dough in plastic, refrigerate 2 hours.
- Drain cherries in colander over bowl, reserve syrup. Cut dough into 8 pieces. Roll 1 piece out in pasta machine or by hand.
- Cut out 3 inch rounds. Repeat rolling and cutting with remaining dough until you have 36 rounds.
- Line baking sheet with paper towels. Mix 8 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cloves in medium bowl with fork.
- Brush 1 dough round lightly with egg white. Place 1/4 teaspoons preserves in center of dough.
- Roll two cherries in sugar mixture and set on top preserves.
- Fold one side of dough over filling, pressing edges to seal. Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, preserves, cherries and sugar mixture.
- Pour reserved cherry syrup into saucepan. Stir in 1 tablespoon sugar and boil until reduced to 1/3 cup. Cool. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Cook in 2 batches, 18 vareniki at a time and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasonally. To serve, place 6 vareniki in a bowl. Spoon 1 tablespoon melted butter over and sprinkle a tablespoon of sugar over.