Chocolate Truffles recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Chocolate Truffles recipe gets its zest sweet butter,cream and choco. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Chocolate Truffles recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Chocolate Truffles Recipe
- 1 c heavy cream
- 10 oz bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 3 T sweet butter
- 1 lb to 1 1/2 pounds
- bittersweet choco
- 6 oz almonds optional-blanched
- by boil
- cooled and the skins slipped
- In a heavy pan, bring the cream to a simmer a microwave and a glass bowl is just as good for this. Remove from the heat and whisk in the chocolate and butter. The smaller they are cut up, the easier this will be.
- Refrigerate until firmly set, stirring now and then. In the refrigerator compartment this will take about 4 hours. Use the freezer and you can cut that down to under an hour, but with much more frequent stirring.
- Using a melon baller or spoon, scoop out a tablespoon or so of chocolate and use your hands to form balls about 3/4" to 1" in diameter. Spread them on a cookie sheet and freeze for an hour.
- While the balls are freezing, chop and carefully heat, in a double boiler or heavy pot, the remaining chocolate. Stir until melted. Allow to slowly cool until it feels just warm to your skin.
- The object is to have it just above the melting point so that when the frozen chocolate balls are dipped in it, they gather and congeal a thickish coating around them.
- When the centers are frozen and the chocolate is ready, take each one and drop it into the coating, roll it quickly about, then remove it with the tines of two forks and drop it onto a sheet of wax paper.
- If the coating thickens too much, reheat it a little, perhaps using a microwave. When all the truffles are dipped, you can serve them right away.
- If they will be stored or transported, refrigerate them awhile longer first.