Cossack Roast Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Cossack Roast Recipe gets its cinnamon,carrots and cabbage.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Cossack Roast Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Cossack Roast Recipe
Cossack Roast Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Cossack Roast Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Cossack Roast Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 roast 4-5 lb boneless use either beef or horse
- 5 onions medium size Chopped
- 1 1/2 t salt
- 1 t cloves Ground
- 1 t cinnamon Ground
- 1/2 t nutmeg Ground
- 1/2 c cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove Minced
- 2 T butter
- 4 T yogurt plain
- 2 c cabbage Shredded
- 2 turnips Diced
- 4 carrots Diced
- 1 t black pepper Fresh Ground
- 1/2 t white pepper Fresh Ground
- 1/2 c raisins
- 1/2 c apple cider
- 1 1/2 c water
- Place meat in a deep roaster. Mix spices with the 2 chopped onions and garlic. Cover meat with this mix. Pour vinegar over the meat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Turn the meat at 12 hours. Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Pour off the liquid and reserve it.
- Place meat back into roaster. Add 1/2 cup of the vinegar mixture, the cider, water, & raisins. Cover and cook for 2.5 hours.
- Melt the butter in a skillet add the carrots, turnips, remaining 3 chopped onions & cabbage and cook until slightly browned.
- Spread the vegetables over the meat and roast for .5 hour. Remove the roast from the roaster and slice.
- Skim fat from liquid in pan and serve the vegetables with the liquid.