Crab Meat Soup recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Crab Meat Soup recipe gets its zest from shallots,garlic cloves. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Crab Meat Soup recipe ,best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Crab Meat Soup Recipe
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons nuoc mam (vietname; se fish sauce)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 shallots chopped
- 2 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 ounces lump crab meat picked over; and drained
- 1 freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot mixed with
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 15 oz white asparagus spears *
- 1 tablespoon shredded coriander
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- cut into 1-inch sections with canning liquid reserved This soup was probably created by some homesick Frenchman. White asparagus(a French import), packed in jars or cans, is used for this recipe.
- Traditionally, crumbled, salted duck egg yolk is added to season the soup. If white asparagus is unavailable, use frozen or fresh asparagus (in this case, add the fresh asparagus to the broth from the very beginning and cookuntil tender, before adding the remaining ingredients).
- Combine the broth, 1 tablespoon of the fish sauce, the sugar and salt in a 3 quart soup pot. Bring to a boil.Reduce the heat and simmer. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet.
- Add the shallots and garlic and stir-fry until aromatic. Add the crab meat, the remaining 2 teaspoons fishsauce and black pepper to taste. Stirfry over high heat for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Bring the soup to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir gently untilthe soup thickens and is clear. While the soup is actively boiling, add the egg and stir gently.
- Continue to stir for about 1 minute. Add the crabmeat mixture and asparagus with its canning liquid; cook gently until heated through.