Bamberger Krautbraten Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Bamberger Krautbraten Recipe gets its zest black pepper,cabbage and pork lean.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Bamberger Krautbraten Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Bamberger Krautbraten Recipe
- 1 lb cabbage ,head small
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2 onions medium chopped
- 1/2 lb pork lean cubed
- 1 lb ground beef lean
- 1 t caraway seeds
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 1/2 c white wine dry
- 1 t vegetable oil
- 3 bacon strips thick sliced
- Remove outer, wilted cabbage leaves and core. Place cabbage in a large pot of boiling water and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Remove and drain. gently pull off 12 leaves and set aside. Finely chop the rest of the cabbage. Heat 1 T vegetable oil; add onions, pork, and ground beef.
- Cook until lightly browned. Drain off excess fat. Add the chopped cabbage, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Pour in the white wine.
- Cover and simmer the mixture for 10 minutes, stirring often. Grease an ovenproof dish with 1 t of vegetable oil; line the dish with half the cabbage leaves.
- Spoon in the meat mixture, cover with the rest of the cabbage leaves. Cut bacon strips in half and arrange on top. Place in preheated 350 degree F. oven