Shilaplavi Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Shilaplavi Recipe gets its pepper,butter and stick.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Shilaplavi Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
- 1 lb lamb cut in 1 1/2 pieces
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t caraway seed
- 2 lg onions peeled fine chopped
- 1 c rice Uncooked
- 2 c water
- 4 T butter
- 1/2 stick
- 2 md potatoes cut in 1 cubes
- 1/4 c parsley Chopped
- 1 black pepper Freshly Ground
- Place the lamb in a Dutch oven with 1/2 tsp. of the salt. Cover the pan and cook the lamb over low heat until it gives off juice, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in the caraway seed and chopped onions and cook, uncovered, over medium heat until the onions are golden.
- Meanwhile, simmer the rice in 1 c. of the water for 10 minutes, or until the water is absorbed.
- In a stockpot, melt the butter. Place the potatoes in the pot in a single layer.
- Top them with half of the rice, then on top of the rice place the meat mixture.
- Add the remaining 1/2 tsp. salt, pepper to taste and the chopped parsley. Top with remaining rice and pour the remaining 1 c. water over all.
- Wet a linen dishtowel and place it over the top of the pot, then cover with the lid. Steam the dish gently for 1 hour, or until tender.