Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe gets its leek,leaves and lemons.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe
Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Braised Lamb Shanks Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 2 md onions chopped (2 cups)
- 2 md carrots chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 md leek
- 4 lg lamb shanks about 1 pound
- sawed crosswise into thirds
- 5 T olive oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 1/2 c fresh chicken stock or canned chicken broth
- 1 t salt
- 3 T fresh dill leaves loosely packed
- 2 lemons
- 1/3 cup
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 t pepper Fresh Ground
- PREPARATION: Peel onions, carrots, and garlic. Chop and put onions and carrots in a bowl with garlic. Rinse, trim, and chop leek, (using white portion and about 2 inches of the green), and add to the bowl. Pat shanks dry.
- COOKING: Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350F. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a 5-quart Dutch oven until hot but not smoking.
- Working in batches, sear lamb shanks over high heat until they are browned on all sides, about 7 minutes; set shanks aside.
- Discard cooking fat and add remaining oil, vegetables and bay leaves. Cover and saut over low heat, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are lightly colored, about 15 minutes.
- Return shanks and accumulated juices to the pot along with stock and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring stock to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until lamb is tender, 55-60 minutes. Remove shanks. Strain stock and return it to the pot. Bring to a boil, skimming it well, and reduce to 1 3/4 cups.
- Can cover and refrigerate shanks in the stock for up to 2 days.
- SERVING: If made ahead, heat shanks in foil in oven until hot. Bring stock to a boil. Mince dill. Squeeze 1/3 cup lemon juice into a medium bowl, whisk in eggs, and then slowly whisk in hot stock.
- Stir in dill and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Return the shanks to the pot, add the lemon-egg mixture and cook over low heat, gently stirring and shaking the pot, until shanks are warmed through and sauce has thickened slightly, about 5 minutes. Do not let sauce simmer or eggs may curdle.