Cabbage Smoked Meats Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Cabbage Smoked Meats Recipe gets its bay leaves,crisco and allspice.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Cabbage Smoked Meats Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Cabbage Smoked Meats Recipe
- 4 c cabbage leaves Shredded
- 1 lb pork shoulder boneless
- 2 T bacon grease or oil
- 2 c sauerkraut
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 peppercorns
- 3 onions medium Chopped
- 1 t allspice
- 1 1/2 lb smoked sauage kielbasa is works well
- 1 lb smoked ham dry if possible
- 3 T flour
- 2 T lard or crisco
- 1 c ham stock
- Brown the pork shoulder in a large Dutch oven in the bacon grease. Remove, drain sauerkraut and save the liquid.
- Cook onions until clear, add cabbage & sauerkraut. Mix, add the bay leaves, allspice, & peppercorns. retrun the pork shoulder to the pot, cover, and cook over a low heat for 1 hour or until the pork is tender, Skim off the grease and add the ham, sauage, & sauerkraut juice.
- Cook for 1/2 hour. cook the flour in the lard or Crisco until golden add the ham stock and pour into the main pot stirring well.
- Heat to boiling and simmer until the sauce thickens. Slice the pork and sauasage into managebale pieces and serve over the cabbage mixture.