Fermented Beet Juice Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Fermented Beet Juice Recipe gets its beets,crock and bread.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Fermented Beet Juice Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Fermented Beet Juice Recipe
- 3 lb beets
- 3 T coarse rock salt kosher not table due to a
- 1 sl sourdough bread
- 2 qt water up to 3 maybe need
- 1 square cheesecloth and st
- 1 ga glass jar or stone crock
- 4 qt jars or
- 8 pt jars
- Scrub beets, pare and cut into quarters. Place in a clean jar or crock and sprinkle with the salt. Boil the water and pour into the jar.
- Cook, add the bread to aid in the fermentation, cover with the cheesecloth and tie with the string. Set in a cool place to ferment for about 1 week.
- Do not do this in hot humid weather; it will decompose, not sour.Remove any mold as it appears. Flavor develops in 1 to 2 weeks.
- Remove the bread, mold, and cheesecloth. Taste. It should be sourish but mild, not brackish. Pour into clean dry jars and cover, keeping it refrigerate until ready to use.
- It will keep well in the refrigerator.