Cervelles recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Cervelles recipe gets its zest from fresh egg yolks,butter and pepper.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Cervelles recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Cervelles Recipe with a easy to make with help of very simple ingredients and one of and easy And Cervelles Recipe,famous Cervelles recipe
Yield: 6 people
- 2 c macon (or burgundy)
- 1 c brown stock or canned bouillon
- 1/4 t thyme
- 4 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cl garlic mashed
- 1 1/2 lb calve's brains soaked and peeled
- 1/2 T tomato paste
- 2 T flour mashed to a paste w/
- 2 T butter softened
- 1 salt and pepper
- 24 sm onions brown-braised
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms sauteed in butter
- 2 T butter Softened
- 12 lg croutons
- 2 T parsley minced
- Bring the wine and stock to the simmer with the herbs and garlic. Add the brains, bring to the simmer, and cook uncovered at just below the simmer for 20 min.
- allow the brains to cool in the soaking liquid for 20 min so they absorb flavor and firm up. Drain them, slice into 1/2" slices and arrange in a serving dish.
- Beat the tomato paste into the cooking stock and boil down rapidly until the liquid is reduced to 1 1/2 cups. Off heat, beat in the flour-butter mixture; boil, stirring, for 1 min.
- Correct seasoning. Arrange the brown braised onions and sauteed mushrooms around the brains and strain the sauce over them.
- If not served right away, film the sauce with a spoonful of stock or melted butter. Just before serving, set over low heat to warm throughout for 3-4 min without simmering. Off heat, tip dish, add butter and baste brains and vegetables with the sauce until the butter is absorbed.
- Decorate with croutons [shaped white bread sauteed in clarified butter] and parsley.