Herb Soup Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Herb Soup Recipe gets its zest butter,onion and herbs.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Herb Soup Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Herb Soup Recipe
Herb Soup Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Herb Soup can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Herb Soup recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 lb herbs
- 4 T butter
- 1 lg onion chopped
- 1 qt water
- salt and pepper bread cubes for croutons at least 3 of these: chervil, watercress, spinach, sorrel dandelion and pimpernel for brave souls Bitter herbs are traditionally eaten at Easter in Christian countries as a sign of penitence.
- This Bavarian soup is served on Easter Thursday, known as Maundy Thursday. Fresh chervil, easily available in any German market, is usually the dominating flavor.
- This is a delicate fresh-tasting soup for any time of the year. You will need a large saucepan. Pick over and wash the herbs, stripping the leaves from those stalks which are too woody.
- Chop the rest. Melt the butter in a deep pan and fry the onion gently until transparent. Add the herbs and sweat them for a moment before you pour in the water or broth.
- Add the potato to the soup. Bring the soup to a boil, and then turn down the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes. Mash the potato in the soup to thicken it a little.
- Taste, and add salt and freshly milled pepper. Serve with bread croutons fried in butter or bacon fat goose fat is even better. They should be so hot that they sizzle when they are added to the hot soup at the table.