Hunters Stew Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Hunters Stew Recipe gets its zest beef broth,eggs and onions.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Hunters Stew Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Hunters Stew Recipe
Hunters Stew Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Hunters Stew Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Hunters Stew Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 1/2 c onions minced
- 1/4 lb mushrooms sliced
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 lb ground beef coarse grind
- 1 c beef broth
- 5/8 t nutmeg
- 1/2 t worcestershire sauce
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t pepper
- 3 potatoes medium
- 3 T butter
- 2 eggs large
- 4 apples tart
- 1/2 c bread crumbs fine dry
- Ground beef should only be ground once and be the leanest you can get. In a frypan saute onions and mushrooms in vegetable oil until soft.
- Add ground beef; saute mixture 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in broth; bring to a simmer. Add 1/2 t nutmeg, worcestershire sauce, 1/2 t salt, and 1/4 t pepper.
- Peel the potatoes and boil them in salted water until tender, about 30 minutes. Drain and put through a food mill or grinder. Beat in 2 T butter, 1/2 t salt, 1/4 t pepper.
- Adjust seasonings to taste. Beat in eggs and remaining nutmeg. Peel, core, and slice apples. Layer mixtures in a 1 1/2-quart buttered baking dish.
- Spread 1/3 of potatoes on bottom of dish. Top with 1/2 of the meat mixture and 1/2 of the apples. Continue with layers, ending with a layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle the top with bread crumbs, and dot with remaining butter. Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes and then at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes more.