Roasted Eggplant recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Roasted Eggplant recipe gets its zest from peeled tomato,garlic and pepper.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Roasted Eggplant recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Roasted Eggplant Recipe
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 globe eggplant
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/4 c onions
- 1 lg clove garlic
- finely minced
- 3 fresh Italian plum
- tomatoes peeled
- diced dra
- 1/4 c black olives
- 1/4 t dried oregano
- 2 T fresh basil
- EGG MIXTURE
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 c light cream (or milk)
- 1/2 c Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 t paprika
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t white pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 F. Cut eggplant into 1/2-inch slices and rub with two-thirds of the oil and place on non-stick baking sheet.
- Roast eggplant in oven for about 20 minutes, turning once at 10 minutes.
- Eggplant should be tender when pierced with a fork. When done, turn oven up to 425 F. While the eggplant is roasting, prepare the pie shell.
- Saute onion and garlic in the remaining third of the oil until golden.
- Peel tomatoes, dice and drain and add to the onion. Remove from heat and add chopped eggplant, basil, oregano and olives.
- Spread eggplant mixture in bottom of pie crust. Mix together egg mixture until well-blended and pour slowly over the eggplant mixture, taking care not to create bare spots.
- Cover pie crust edges with a thin strip of foil and bake quiche at 425 F for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 F and bake for 20 minutes more.
- Remove foil covering and bake 10 minutes more. Serve like pie.