How to cook that Roasted vegetable moussaka at home. vegetable moussaka recipe makes the best flavorful all time comfort dish. Roasted vegetable moussaka recipe can be made in less than 40-50 minutes including prep time. Check below Dinner for step by step directions of preparation of Roasted moussaka recipe.
Roasted vegetable moussaka:
Moussaka or musaka, often written as musakka, is a meat and vegetable stew, originally made from sliced aubergine (eggplant), meat, and tomatoes, and preferably cooked in an oven. This is the version current among the Turks and Arabs, who may also substitute courgettes (zucchini) for the aubergines. In the Balkans, more elaborate versions are found. The Greeks cover the stew with a layer of beaten egg or bechamel sauce.
Roasted vegetable moussaka oven roasted
- 1 eggplant thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large zucchini thinly sliced
- 2 potatoes thinly sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes 14.5 ounce, chopped
- 1/2 can lentils 14.5 ounce, drained, juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk black pepper to taste
- 2 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt and set aside for 30 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly brown eggplant and zucchini slices on both sides; drain. Adding more oil if necessary, brown potato slices; drain.
- Saute onion and garlic until lightly browned. Pour in vinegar and reduce. Stir in tomatoes, lentils, 1/2 the juice from lentils, oregano and parsley. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a 9x13 inch casserole dish layer eggplant, zucchini, potatoes, onions and feta. Pour tomato mixture over vegetables; repeat layering, finishing with a layer of eggplant and zucchini.
- Cover and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine butter, flour and milk. Bring to a slow boil, whisking constantly until thick and smooth. Season with pepper and add nutmeg. Remove from heat, cool for 5 minutes, and stir in beaten egg.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, for another 25 to 30 minutes.