Rum Custard Cake Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Rum Custard Cake Recipe gets its zest sugar,egg yolk and milk.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Rum Custard Cake Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Rum Custard Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 c flour unbleached unsifted
- 5 T sugar
- 1 T lemon rind grated
- 2/3 c butter or margarine
- 1 egg yolk large
- 1 T milk
- 1/2 c soft bread crumbs
- 2 T butter or margarine melted
- 4 c applestart sliced
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 c sugar
- 1/4 c raisins
- 1/4 c rum
- 3 eggs large beaten
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 3/4 c milk
- Soak raisins in 1/4 cup rum for 1/2 hour before using.CRUST: To make crust, mix flour, sugar, and lemon rind. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add egg yolk and 1 T of milk; mix gently to form a dough. Pat into bottom of a 10-inch Springform pan that has sides only greased.
- Press dough up sides of pan for 1 inch. FILLING: Toss together bread crumbs and melted butter. Spread evenly over pastry crust. Toss apple slices, lemon juice, and 1/4 c of sugar.
- Spread apples over crumbs. Drain raisins, reserving rum, and sprinkle raisins over apples. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F. oven for 15 minutes.
- Beat eggs and sugar until thick and lemon-colored. Stir in milk and reserved rum. Pour custard over apples and bake for 45 to 60 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- until custard is set. Cool completely before serving. Do NOT remove springform pan until cool.