Greek Walnut Cake Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Greek Walnut Cake Recipe gets its butter,farina and cinnamon.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Greek Walnut Cake Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Greek Walnut Cake Recipe
- 1 c unsalted butter softened
- plus butter for baking dish
- 1 c sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 c flour sifted
- 1 c farina
- 2 1/2 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon Ground
- 1 t orange zest Freshly Grated
- 1 c finely walnuts Chopped
- Prepare syrup and set aside to cool. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the 1 cup butter and sugar with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating continuously. Beat in flour, farina, baking powder, cinnamon, and orange zest. Mix in walnuts.
- Butter a 9 by 13-inch baking dish and pour batter into it. Bake until a knife blade inserted in center comes out clean about 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and immediately pour cooled syrup evenly over top. Cool to room temperature.