Sauerkraut Soup Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Sauerkraut Soup Recipe gets its zest butter,brown sugar and nuts.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Sauerkraut Soup Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Sauerkraut Soup Recipe
- 1 lg jar sauerkraut
- 2 apples
- 1 onion
- 1 t caraway seed
- 1/2 head fresh white cabbage
- 1 smoked pigs knuckle or
- 1 chunk of ham
- 1 salt and pepper
- 1 c apple juice
- 1 c water
- 1 garnish
- 2 sm potatoes boiled
- Simplest recipe for sauerkraut soup: Rinse the s-k, 1 large jar or can, in running cold water. Put in a stainless steel or iron not aluminium pot.
- Chop into chunks 2 apples. Add. Chop 1 onion. Add. Add 1 teaspoon of caraway seed. Chop 1/2 head of fresh white cabbage. Add. Add 1 smoked pig's knuckle. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup apple juice optional and 1 cup or more water. Simmer covered at least for 45 minutes (time varies, depending on brand of kraut; some is so processed that it may need less time than that!)Instead of knuckle, uncooked ham chunk may be added.
- Good, smoked ham would be wasted but not unpalatable. Delicious soup is good if served with boiled, buttered and seasoned potatoes on the side.
- If you wish to prepare more soup, for more people than the 2 of you, a whole shoulder can be used with 3 cans or jars of sauerkraut, giving enough meat for everyone.
- For a large shoulder to cook thoroughly you would need over an hour of cooking time, if the shoulder had not been precooked. Otherwise, the 30-45 minutes is enough . But you taste and decide