Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe gets its whitw wine,olive oil and beef stock.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe
Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Stuffed Grape Leaves Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1/4 c currants Dried
- 1 c dry white wine
- 12 T olive oil
- 6 green onions and green tops finely Chopped
- 1 T fresh parsley Minced
- 3/4 c long-grain white rice
- 1 T fresh dill Minced
- 1/4 c pine nuts
- salt and Freshly Ground pepper to taste
- 16 oz grape leaves preserved in brine water Boiling
- 6 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 c beef stock
- Lemon wedges chilled plain yogurt for accompaniment In a small bowl combine currants and wine; set aside. In a small skillet over medium heat, warm 2 tablespoons of the oil.
- Add onions and parsley and saute until onions are translucent about 5 minutes. Add rice, dill, pine nuts, currants and wine, salt, and pepper; stir to mix, cover, and simmer until liquid is absorbed (about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool. Remove grape leaves from jar and immerse in boiling water about 30 seconds; drain and rinse under cold water.
- Cut off and discard tough stems. Pat leaves dry with paper towels, then place shiny side down on a flat surface.
- Place a rounded teaspoon of the rice mixture on center of each leaf. Fold base end of leaf over filling to cover; fold in sides of leaf, overlapping them, then roll up carefully to form a sealed cylinder about 2 inches long.
- Repeat with remaining leaves. In bottom of a Dutch oven or other heavy, broad-bottomed pan, arrange a layer of stuffed leaves, seam side down, close together.
- Sprinkle with some of the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Repeat, making as many layers as necessary to accommodate all of the stuffed leaves; sprinkle each layer with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Pour in beef stock and the remaining olive oil, being careful not to disturb layers. Place a heavy plate on top to weight down stuffed leaves.
- Cover and simmer over very low heat until rice is tender about 40 minutes. To test, open one of the packets. Remove from heat and lift stuffed leaves out with a slotted utensil.