Bean Polov Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Bean Polov Recipe gets its olive oil,butter and cinnamon.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Bean Polov Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Bean Polov Recipe
Bean Polov Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Bean Polov Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Bean Polov Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 c white beans Dried
- 1 t salt
- 2 c basmati rice
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 3/4 lb lamb boneless
- 1 Cubed
- 1 c onion coarsely Chopped
- 1/2 t saffron threads Crushed
- 2 T water Warm
- 1 c lamb stock or beef stock
- 1/4 c cinnamon Ground
- 1/4 t turmeric Ground
- 1/4 t nutmeg fine Grated
- 15 T butter Melted
- 1/2 c raisins
- 12 dates pitted
- 1/4 Diced
- 1/4 c water
- 4 eggs large
- 1 c basmati saffron rice
- EGG CRUST DIRECTIONS: Beat the eggs in a large bowl & mix with the rice. Set aside until needed. POLOV DIRECTIONS: Soak the beans overnight.
- rinse them well and place in a large heavy pot. Add 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, & simmer for 1 hour being sure to skim often.
- Rinse the 3 cups of rice then place in a large bowl. Barely cover with lukewarm water, add 1 teaspoon salt, then let rice soak for 1 hour. Drain beans and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add the meat, onions, & garlic, brown meat and onions/garlic for approx. 10 minutes.
- Mix the saffron with 2tablespoons of water add to the meat, season wioth salt & pepper to taste, add the stock, cinnamon, turmeric, nutmeg, etc.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 1/2 hrs. Heat 3 tablespoons of butter in a small skillet overmedium-low heat, add the raisins & dates and cook until softened.
- remove form heat set aside. Bring 3 qts. of water to a boil in a large pot add salt pour in the rinsed rice, allow to boil while stirring for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and drain. The rice will still be hard and not completely cooked. Rinse with cold water. Mix 4 tablespoons of melted butter & 1/4 cup of warm water, pour into a large heatproof, flat-bottomed, casserole with a tight-fitting lid.