Caribbean Casserole recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Caribbean Casserole gets its zest from fresh beans . Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Caribbean Casserole recipe, the top 10 on this site.
Caribbean Casserole recipe step by step preparation at home
Caribbean Casserole recipe Step By Step Preparation,preparation time for Caribbean Casserole and famous delicious
Yield: 4 people
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- ½ green pepper , diced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 14½- ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 16- ounce can black beans (or beans of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1½ cups instant brown rice , uncooked
- Saute onion and green pepper in canola oil, in a large pan, until tender. Do not brown.
- Add tomatoes, beans (include liquid from both), oregano, and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in rice and cover
- Reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes