Chestnut Torte Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Chestnut Torte Recipe gets its zest butter,sugar and egg.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Chestnut Torte Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Chestnut Torte Recipe
Chestnut Torte Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish.Chestnut Torte can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Ground Chestnut Torte recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 2 lb chestnuts
- Milk to cover
- Butter for baking pan
- 1/2 c butter softened
- Flour for baking pan
- 6 eggs separated
- 1 whole egg
- 1 c sugar
- 2 T sugar
- 1 T fine bread crumbs Dried
- 2 T rum
- Chocolate Frosting
- 1 c whipping cream for topping
- Place chestnuts in a large saucepan with water to cover. Bring to a boil and boil 10 minutes. Remove from heat but do not drain.
- Remove chestnuts, a few at a time, and peel off hard outer shell and soft inner membrane. When all chestnuts are peeled, drain water and return chestnuts to saucepan.
- Add milk just to cover and simmer, uncovered, until chestnuts are very tender and milk is absorbed 15 to 30 minutes. Press chestnuts through a sieve and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour an 8 or 9-inch-round pan. In a large bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/3 cup of the sugar, beating constantly until stiff peaks form.
- In another large bowl cream together egg yolks and 2/3 cup of the sugar until fluffy and lemon colored.
- Gently fold in egg- white mixture alternately with bread crumbs and half of the reserved chestnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean (30 to 35 minutes). Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Turn cake out of pan and split cooled cake in half crosswise to form 2 layers. Crack the whole egg into a mixing bowl and add the 1/2 cup butter, the 2 tablespoons sugar, and rum.
- Cream until thick and smooth. Beat in the remaining chestnuts until well blended. Prepare Chocolate Frosting as directed and keep warm. Spread chestnut mixture over 1 layer of cake and top with second layer.
- Pour warm frosting over top. Whip cream until stiff peaks form, then pack into a pastry bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe whipped cream decoratively on sides of torte.