Corned Pork Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Corned Pork Recipe gets its eggs,sugar and potato.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Corned Pork Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Corned Pork Recipe
Corned Pork Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Corned Pork Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Corned Pork Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- Kg pork 2 lbs 3 oz
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 10 juniper berries crushed
- 1 lg or 2 small cloves garlic chopped
- 1 brine
- 1 l water 4 1/4 cups
- 2 T approx salt
- Rub the meat with the chopped onion, garlic and juniper berries, then push into a tight-fitting container and pour the cold brine that has previously been brought to a boil and then let cool again, with or without saltpeter, over the meat.
- Press down with a board and weight it with a rock. The meat has to remain in the brine for three weeks, during which time it must be turned frequently.
- At the end of the three weeks, remove the meat from the crock, briefly rinse it off.
- Roast at 390 degrees F in hot lard, along with the chopped onion, garlic and yellow turnip, until crispy, about 1 1/2 hours.
1 thought on “Corned Pork Recipe,How To Make Corned Pork”
The recipe looks interesting but it is not complete. The ingredients list “1 brine” but that is not described at all. Also, it says the brine can be made with or without saltpeter. If using the curing salts, how much is supposed to go into the brine? It’s my understanding that any meats that are cured at home must use the curing salts.
p.s. – what happens with the onions, garlic and juniper berries? It says to rub the meat with them. Is that it or are they put in the brine as well?