Crown Cake Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Crown Cake Recipe gets its zest eggs,sugar and butter.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Crown Cake Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Crown Cake Recipe
Crown Cake Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Crown Cake can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Crown Cake recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 c butter no margarine
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 6 eggs large
- 1 1/2 t lemon rind Grated
- 8 T rum
- 4 t baking powder
- 3 1/2 c flour unbleached sifted
- 1 c sugar
- 3/4 c water
- 6 egg yolks large
- 1 T rum
- 1 c butter no margarine unsalted
- 2 T butter
- 1 c sugar
- 1/2 c water
- 1 c almonds blanched sliced
- 1/2 c apricot jam
- Egg yolks must be beaten into the cake one at a time so keep the yolks seperated from each other CAKE: To prepare cake, cream butter and sugar until very light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in egg yolks, one at a time. Mix in lemon rind and 2 T rum. Sift baking powder and flour together. Gently mix into the butter mixture. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the batter. Pour into a well-greased 10-inch tube pan. Bake in a preheated 325 degree F. oven for about 60 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Cool cake in pan for 10 minutes adn then turn out on wire rack to cool completely. Slice cake crosswise into 3 layers. Pour about 2 T of rum over each layer. Butter-Cream Filling: For butter-cream filling, boil sugar and water to 238 degrees F. soft ball stage.
- Beat egg yolks until very light and fluffy, 5 to 10 minutes. While still beating the egg yolks, add the sugar syrup in a thin stream. Beat 5 minutes more, until very thick and doupled in bulk.
- Slowly beat in the rum. Beat the butter in a small bowl until soft and light. Beat butter into the egg mixture a little at a time. Continue beating until thick. Chill until mixture can be spread.
- If mixture is too soft, beat in additional butter. PRALINE TOPPING: While butter-cream is cooking, spread 2 T butter thickly in a 9 X 13-inch baking pan for praline topping.
- Then in a 1-quart saucepan, boil sugar an water to 238 degrees F. soft ball stage. Stir in almonds; cook until mixture reaches 310 degrees F. or until syrup carmelizes. Pour syrup into prepared baking pan. When cool, break up praline and grind it in a blender for a few seconds.
- APRICOT GLAZE: Finally heat jam and press through a strainer or sieve to make apricot glaze. CAKE ASSEMBLY: To assemble cake, place bottom layer of cake on cake plate and spread with half of the butter cream.
- Repeat with second layer. Place third layer on top. Spread top and sides of cake with apricot glaze. Press praline powder onto glaze. Any remianing butter cream can be used to decorate the top of the cake.