Curried Chickpeas is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Curried Chickpeas Recipes gets its zest from cool , ground black pepper. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy creamy , the top 10 on this site. This Easy creamy Chickpeas was delicious and hot. Easy makes the best flavorful all time comfort hot drink. Curried Chickpeas in oven you can make at home in less than 30-40 minutes including prep time. Check below cool creamy drink recipe for step by step directions and preparation of Curried Chickpeas
Curried Chickpeas recipe in oven
Curried Chickpeas recipe in oven,Curried Chickpeas recipe step by step preparation,Curried Chickpeas recipe is famous dish
Yield: 6 people
- 1 ½ c olive oil (12 oz.) chickpeas, washed
- and drained
- 5 c water
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 1 medium onion , chopped
- 1 clove garlic , chopped
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Put chickpeas in a bowl. Add enough cold water to cover and soak overnight. To cook, drain chickpeas. Place chickpeas, water, turmeric, cumin, coriander, and cayenne in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan, and simmer for about 1 hour. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add cumin seed and cook for 1 minute. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until onion turns golden brown.
- Add chickpeas and cooking liquid to onion mixture. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cover pan, reduce heat to low, and simmer 30 minutes, or until chickpeas are tender but not mushy. Mix well.
- Place chickpeas in a serving dish and sprinkle with coriander leaves.