Greek Stifado Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Greek Stifado Recipe gets its butter,onion and bay leaf.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Greek Stifado Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Greek Stifado Recipe
Greek Stifado Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Greek Stifado Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Greek Stifado Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 2 T olive oil
- 3 T butter
- 3 lb lean beef stew meat cut into
- 1 Cubes
- 1 md onion minced
- 1/2 c tomato paste
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 1/4 c red wine vinegar
- 3/4 c water
- 2 T garlic Minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 t oregano leaves Dried-crumbled
- 1 t cinnamon Ground
- 1/2 t cumin Ground
- 1/2 t sugar
- 1/4 t cayenne pepper
- salt and ,Freshly Ground black pepper
- 16 sm white boiling onions peeled
- 1/2 c pine nuts
- 1/2 lb feta cheese crumbled or grated
- 1/2 c parsley Minced
- hot-pepper sauce optional In a large, heavy skillet, heat oil and butter over moderate heat.
- Raise heat to high and brown meat, one third at a time, removing meat to a large, heavy casserole preferably with an enamel or porcelain coating as it browns.
- Add minced onion to skillet, saute just until wilted, and spoon into casserole. Add tomato paste, wine, vinegar, the water, garlic, bay leaf, oregano, cinnamon, cumin, and sugar to the casserole.
- Stir well and add cayenne, salt, and pepper, to taste. Bring just to a boil, cover tightly, lower heat, and simmer 1 hour.
- Add white boiling onions and simmer, covered, until meat is very tender about 1 hour longer.
- Degrease stew if necessary and carefully correct seasonings; stir in nuts. Sprinkle feta cheese over stew, pushing it gently into top of liquid with a wooden spoon.
- Cover and simmer to melt cheese about 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle parsley on top and serve stew in deep soup bowls, making sure that everyone gets some nuts and cheese, but leaving some room in each bowl for rice to be added.