Hot Cranberry Kissel Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Hot Cranberry Kissel Recipe gets its lemon,cinnamon and frozen.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Hot Cranberry Kissel Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Hot Cranberry Kissel Recipe
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 3/4 c water
- 12 oz fresh or cranberries Frozen
- 1/8 t cinnamon Ground
- Directions: Remove 3 lengthwise strips of peel from the lemon with a vegetable peeler. Put the peel into a medium-size saucepan along with the sugar and water.
- Bring to a boil over moderate heat, stirring once or twice to help the sugar dissolve. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Rinse the cranberries (don't rinse frozen berries), and remove any stems or squashed berries. Add to the pan and when boiling, simmer about 5 minutes until most of the skins have popped.
- Remove and discard the lemon peel. Dip out about 1 cup of the popped berries and reserve. Puree the remaining berries and the syrup in a food processor or blender and put back in the pan.
- Stir in the cinnamon and the reserved berries. Serve warm. Makes 2 cups.
- SUMMER CRANBERRY SAUCE: Make this when cranberries aren't available. In a small saucepan, heat one 16-ounce can whole-berry cranberry sauce, 2 strips lemon peel, and about 1/16 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Simmer 5 minutes over low heat, stirring often, to develop the flavor. Discard peel. Serve sauce warm. Makes 1 1/2 cups.