Feuerzangenbowle Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Feuerzangenbowle Recipe gets its zest orange,cloves and sugar.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Feuerzangenbowle Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
- 3 bottles of red wine
- 1 piece of orange peel
- 1 piece of lemon peel
- 5 cloves
- 1 small sugar hat
- 1 bottle of golden rum at
- Put orange peel, lemon peel and cloves into a tea filter bag, tie shut with white yarn. Hang into a copper kettle, pour in wine. Heat up close to boiling point, but make sure it never gets to boil.
- Put the kettle in the middle of your table so all your guests can watch the ceremony.You normally use a "Feuerzange", but as I supect this might be hard to get outside Europe I guess you can also use a grid from your barbecue set - especially the ones you normally use to barbecue herrings in should work pretty well.
- The point is that you should be able to put the sugar hat on it lying on its side and place the whole thing safely over the kettle. Once you've got that far, you're ready for the ceremony.
- First, dim your lights. Then pour some rum onto the sugar hat, best using a ladle, and light it this is why the rum has to be at least 108 proof.
- Keep the flames burning by ladeling more rum on the sugar hat, until the sugar has completely melted and dripped into the wine. Remove the "Feuerzange" and the bag with the spices. Serve in heat-proof glasses.