Katami Satsabeli Baga Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Katami Satsabeli Baga Recipe gets its carrot,turmeric and walnut.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Katami Satsabeli Baga Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Katami Satsabeli Baga Recipe
Katami Satsabeli Baga Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Katami Satsabeli Baga Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Katami Satsabeli Baga Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 4-1/2 lbs duck
- 5 c water
- 1 lg carrot halved
- 1 md onion halved
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf italian parsley
- 1 t salt or to taste
- 2 c walnut shelled
- 1/4 c fresh coriander chopped
- 1 t coriander Ground
- 1/2 t turmeric Ground
- 3 t to 4 ts red-wine vinegar to taste
- The Georgians like an acid flavor in their food unlike, for example, the Chinese who add sugar now & then. Wine vinegar is not the only flavoring in Georgian sauce.
- A traditional & easily available substitute for vinegar is 1/2 cup white grape juice, made from unripe & slightly acid grapes.
- Another traditional seasoning in is 1/2 cup blackberry juice. Cook duck in water w/carrot, onion, parsley, & salt in covered pan over low heat for 1 hr, or until duck is tender.
- Turn duck over once during cooking.Remove duck, cool it, & cut into 14 pieces; discard loose skin & fat. Put duck on a serving platter.
- Skim off all fat from broth, or refrigerate for several hrs & remove congealed fat. Reserve 3 cups of warm broth.Process walnuts to a paste, adding some of broth to help process.
- Add fresh & ground coriander, turmeric, & vinegar and process until ell mixed. Stir this into fat-free broth & mix well. Adjust salt at this time.
- Pour sauce over duck. Serve at room temp. Serve 8 w/other dishes.