Kugelhof Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Kugelhof Recipe gets its zest egg yolks,sour cream and butter.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Kugelhof Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Kugelhof Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Kugelhof Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Kugelhof Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 6 c flour Sifted plus flour for dusting
- 2 c milk lukewarm 105 t 115 degrees
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 pk active dry yeast
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 2 T sour cream
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 c butter melted and cooled plus butter for pan
- Golden Raisin Filling see-recipe
- Vanilla-Flavored Confectioners Sugar to taste or Chocolate Frosting for topping In a large mixing bowl, place the 6 cups flour. Make a well in the center and pour in 3/4 cup of the milk.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup of the granulated sugar and yeast over milk, stir, and let stand until foamy about 5 minutes. With 2 spoons stir together liquid and dry ingredients. Cover with a tea towel and let stand in a warm place until mixture bubbles and rises slightly 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a small bowl combine the remaining milk, the remaining granulated sugar, sour cream, and salt. Add milk mixture to dough, mixing with a woodenspoon.
- Beat dough, gradually adding the 1/2 cup butter, until it blisters and pulls cleanly away from spoon. Cover with a tea towel and set in a warm place until doubled in bulk about 1 hour While dough is rising prepare filling.
- Butter a bellhop or large bunt pan. Punch down dough and turn out onto a floured board. Knead dough until smooth and elastic 5 to 10 minutes. With a floured rolling pin, roll out dough into a rectangle the length of the circumference of the bellhop pan and about 1 1/2 inches thick.
- Spread filling over surface of dough. Starting with a long side, roll up jelly-roll fashion and place in prepared pan. Pan should be about half full. Cover and let stand in a warm place 15 minutes. Preheat oven to450 degrees.
- Crack the whole egg into a small bowl and beat well; brush egg on top of dough. Let stand in a warm place 15 minutes. Bake in oven 10 to 15 minutes, then cover with heavy brown paper so top does not brown too much and reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted in center comes out clean about 1 hour. Let cool on a wire rack.