Pork Hocks Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Pork Recipe gets its zest pepper,beer and pepper.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Hocks Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Pork Hocks Recipe
Pork Hocks Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Pork Hocks Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Pork Hocks Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 sm leek
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 meaty pork hocks
- 1 salt
- 1 black pepper corns
- 2 T cooking fat or vegetable shortening.
- 1 pn cumin if desired
- 1 beer or water
- Wash and dice the leek, celery, carrot, and onion. Cook pork hocks, diced vegetables, salt and peppercorns in water to cover 2 to 3 hours or until tender.
- Avoid overcooking. Remove from water; drain well reserving vegetables and cooking liquid. Preheat oven to 425F 220C. Melt fat or shortening in an enamel-lined, cast-iron pan.
- Add drained pork hocks, cooked vegetables and a small amount of cooking liquid. Bake 30 minutes. Moisten meat frequently with more cooking liquid.
- Before meat is fully cooked, sprinkle with beer or water in which a good amount of salt has been dissolved. Add cumin to increase flavor, if desired.
- Serve with potato or white bread dumplings or sauerkraut salad. Note: In Bavaria, the juices and cooking liquid are strained and served as an accompanying sauce.