Saurebraten Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Saurebraten Recipe gets its zest butter,brown sugar and nuts.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Saurebraten Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Saurebraten Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Saurebraten Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Saurebraten Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 4 lb rump roast beef boneless
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 c water
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 2 c water boiling
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 4 cloves whole
- 1 c white vinegar mild
- 1/2 c cider vinegar
- 1/2 t salt
- 10 gingersnaps
- 1 T unbleached flour
- Place the beef roast in a deep ceramic or glass bowl. Add onions, peppercorns, cloves, and bay leaf. Pour white vinegar and cider vinegar over the meat; chill, covered, for 4 days.
- Turn meat twice each day. Remove the meat from the marinade, dry it well with paper towels, and strain the marinade into a bowl. Reserve onions and 1 cup marinade.
- In a Dutch oven brown the meat on all sides in hot vegetable oil. Sprinkle meat with salt. Pour boiling water around the meat.
- sprinkle in crushed gingersnaps, and simmer covered for 1 1/2 hours. Turn often. Add 1 cup of reserved marinade and cook meat 2 hours or more, until tender.
- Remove the meat and keep it warm. Strain the cooking juices into a large saucepan. In a small bowl mix sour cream with flour. Stir it into the cooking juices and cook, stirring, until sauce is thickened and smooth.
- Slice meat in 1/4 inch slices; add to hot gravy. Arrange meat on a heated plater and pour extra sauce over it.