Vegetable Cassoulet recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Vegetable Cassoulet recipe gets its zest thyme,rosemary and sage.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Vegetable Cassoulet recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Vegetable Cassoulet Recipe
- 1 c white haricot beans ,Dried-soaked overnight
- 3 c water
- 1 stalk celery ,3" pieces
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 black peppercorns
- 5 T olive oil
- 1 clove garlic ,crushed
- 1 c pearl onions ,Peeled
- 2 c carrots ,Chopped
- 1 fennel bulb-trimmed and-finely chop
- 3 c fresh mushrooms ,Chopped
- 1 md globe eggplant ,coarsely chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes ,,Peeled -seeded and,Chopped
- 1 T fresh thyme ,Chopped
- 1 T fresh rosemary ,Chopped
- 1/2 c dry white wine
- 1/2 c tomato juice
- 1/3 c red lentils
- 1 c Parmesan ,Freshly Grated cheese
- 1 c fresh whole wheat bread crumbs
- Drain the soaked beans, place in a 3-quart saucepan, and pour in the water. Tie the celery, thyme, rosemary, sage, bay leaf, and peppercorns in a small piece of cheesecloth and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook over high heat for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat, cover, and simmer gently for 45 to 50 minutes, until the beans are tender.
- Discard the cheesecloth rag, reserve the beans, and strain the stock into a clean saucepan. Bring to a boil and reduce to 1 1/2 cups.
- Reserve. Preheat the oven to 375 F. Lightly oil a shallow ovenproof dish with a 2- quart capacity. For the stew, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet and saute the garlic, onions, carrots, and fennel for 10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Add the remaining oil to the pan and stir-fry the mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes, thyme, and rosemary for 5 minutes.
- Return the onion mixture to the pan, add the wine, and cook over high heat until most of the juice is evaporated.
- Stir in the tomato juice, lentils, and reserved stock and simmer, uncovered, over a low heat for 15 minutes. Add the reserved beans, cover, and simmer gently for 10 minutes more.
- Spoon the stew into the prepared dish, sprinkle the cheese and bread crumbs on top, and bake for 30 minutes, until bubbling and golden. Serve hot.