Westphalian Leg Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Westphalian Leg Recipe gets its butter,flour and leaf.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Westphalian Leg Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Westphalian Leg Recipe
Westphalian Leg Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Westphalian Leg Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Westphalian Leg Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 4 lb leg of lamb
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 T parsley
- 2 T butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 T flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1 T cornstarch
- 2 T cold water
- Saute onion, carrot and parsley in butter until the onion is transparent. Add bay leaf and buttermilk.
- Sprinkle flour in a baking bag large enough to contain the lamb. Place half the buttermilk mixture in the bag. Sprinkle lamb with salt and pepper.
- Place lamb in bag, and cover with remaining buttermilk mixture. Seal bag and puncture in 3-4 places. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat.
- Roast in a moderate onev (350 deg F) until lamb registers 165 deg for medium or 180 deg for well done. Carefully strain liquid from bag.
- Measure and make up to 1 cup with water, if necessary. Stir cornstarch into cold water. Add to liquid, cook over medium heat until thickened. Serve sauce over sliced lamb.