White Bean Ragout Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This White Bean Ragout Recipe gets its tamari,olive oil and pepper.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy White Bean Ragout Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
White Bean Ragout Recipe
White Bean Ragout Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. White Bean Ragout Recipe can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.White Bean Ragout Recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 1 1/2 c Great Northern beans
- Dried-about 12 oz
- 3 t Salt
- 6 lb lamb shoulder 6-7 pounds trimmed and Boned
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 c red wine
- 1/3 c red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 1 t thyme Dried
- 1 t marjoram Dried
- 1 t basil Dried
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 md onions
- 5 carrots
- 35 oz
- 1 can Italian plum tomatoes
- 1/4 c white flour
- 2 c beef stock or beef Canned
- 1/2 c Nicoise olives
- 1/2 c fresh parsley leaves-stemmed firmly packed
- 1/2 t black pepper Fresh Ground
- PREPARATION: Rinse, pick over beans, and put them in bowl with cold water to cover by 3inches. Let stand for 24 hours; drain. Or, put beans in a 5-quart soup kettle or Dutch oven with water to cover, bring to a boil, cover, remove from heat, and let stand 1 hour; drain.
- Return drained beans to soup kettle, and add cold water to cover by 3 inches. Bring to a boil, turn heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until the beans are almost tender, about 1 hour.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of salt and continue cooking until the beans are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and set aside. Cut lamb into 1 1/2-inch cubes.
- Peel and crush the garlic and put it in a non-reactive bowl with the wine, vinegar, 3 tablespoons oil, thyme, marjoram, basil, and bay leaves.
- Add the lamb and marinate for at least two hours. Can cover and refrigerate the beans and meat separately overnight. Peel and chop the onions 2 cups.
- Peel and cut carrots into 1/2-inch slices. Drain the tomatoes and set vegetables aside separately.
- COOKING: Adjust oven rack to low position and heat oven to 350F. Remove the lamb from the marinade and pat dry on paper toweling.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in the Dutch oven or soup kettle until hot but not smoking. Working in batches, sear the lamb over high heat until well browned, adding additional oil as needed, and removing lamb to a bowl with a slotted spoon or until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook 3 minutes. Whisk in the reserved marinade and beef stock. Stir in the tomatoes and 2 teaspoons salt, and bring to a boil.