Anns Seafood Chowder Halifax Version recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Anns Seafood Chowder Halifax Version recipe gets its zest from butter,potatoes,pepper and tomato sauce. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Anns Seafood Chowder Halifax Version recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Anns Seafood Chowder Halifax Version
Anns Seafood Chowder Halifax Version Recipe with a easy to make with help of very simple ingredients and one of and easy And Chowder Recipe,famous Anns Seafood Chowder Halifax Version recipe
Yield: 4 people
- 2 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 4 each white onion fresh picked
- 2 each celery rib diced
- 1 lb sealegs chopped
- 2 lb mixed seafood
- 2 cup potatoes cooked,diced
- 2 each tomato large, diced
- 1 small yellow zucchini chunked
- 1 small green zucchini chunked
- 2 cup green peas fresh
- 1 cup sweet peppers vary colours
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 6 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup sauterne
- 1 milk to thin as needed
- 1 salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tomato sauce/soup to taste
- Melt bacon fat and butter in heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onions and saute until clear, add celery and cook gently for about 5 mins.
- Add seafood products and saute in saucepan at medium high heat to coat, flavor and brown slightly. Add flour, and milk, stirring well to avoid lumps.
- Add remaining ingredients, except peas, in order of required cooking time (ie potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes, peppers, etc).
- Add wine and season to taste. Heat until heated through, but do not boil. Add peas about 20 min before serving. Use milk to thin as necessary.
- Sealegs are imitation crab meat, usually pollock with crab flavouring. If chowder is to be frozen prior to serving, do not add the milk until reheating.