Chicken Galantine recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Chicken Galantine recipe gets its zest from heavy chicken,onion,and basil.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Chicken Galantine recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Chicken Galantine Recipe
Chicken Galantine Recipe with a easy to make with help of very simple ingredients and one of and easy And Chicken Galantine Recipe,famous Chicken Galantine recipe
Yield: 6 people
- 1 chicken boned
- 1 1/4 lb chicken (or turkey),Ground
- 2 sweet Italian sausages
- 2 T parsley Chopped
- 1 c stuffing Crushed
- 2 T currants optional
- 1 c walnuts Chopped
- Oil for roasting
- Using a sharp knife, cut off wing tips at the second joint. Cut through skin of the chicken down the center back. Separate flesh from backbone on one side with the tip of the knife.
- Then, following the shape of the bones, gradually ease flesh away from the bones, disjointing leg and wing bones from the carcass.
- Repeat process with the other side of the chicken. Holding the rib cage away from the chicken, cut breastbone from the flesh.
- Hold up the thigh with one hand, cut around the top of the bone to remove flesh, scrape down the bone to the next joint, cut around flesh again, scrape down to the end and remove bone.
- Repeat with other leg bone and both wings. Turn flesh of legs and wings inside the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl combine ground meat, parsley, stuffing, currants and walnuts; mix well. Place chicken skin side down and remove excess neck skin and any large fat pockets.
- Place meat stuffing mixture on the flesh side of the chicken. Fold one side of the chicken over the stuffing mixture, then bring the other side to match.
- Sew the chicken flesh together using a needle and dark thread. Tie the chicken with string at about 1-1/2 inch intervals to keep eglantine in shape during cooking.
- Rub chicken all over with cooking oil. Place eglantine on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until chicken is tender and golden. Let stand for 15 minutes, remove string and thread and slice for serving.