Shredded Chicken Salad Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Shredded Chicken Salad Recipe gets its lamb,butter, and potatoes.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Shredded Chicken Salad Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Shredded Chicken Salad
- 3 lb whole chicken breasts
- 1 salt
- 1/4 c light vegetable oil
- 2 c vidalia onions Chopped
- 3/4 c walnuts lightly toasted
- 1/4 c finely scallions Chopped
- 3/4 c finely cilantro Chopped
- 1 1/3 c homemade mayonnaise
- 1 black peppe Fresh Ground
- Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil, add 1/2 teaspoon salt, reduce the heat, and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the chicken and allow to cool. Remove and discard the skin. Remove the chicken from the bones and tear the meat into shreds. Place in a salad bowl and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium-size skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions, stirring, until deep golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Drain the onions and add them to the chicken. Cool to room temperature. Add the walnuts, scallions, and cilantro to the chicken.
- Toss with the mayonnaise and season with salt and pepper. Serve the salad at room temperature.