Kalduni A La Hongroise Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Kalduni A La Hongroise Recipe gets its onion,tomato and paprika.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Kalduni A La Hongroise Recipe, best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Kalduni A La Hongroise Recipe
- 1 T corn oil
- 1 lg onion chopped
- 1 sm green bell pepper cut into
- 1/4 to 1/2-inch dice
- 1 c sauerkraut well drained
- 1 T paprika
- 1/3 c tomato puree
- 2 c chicken broth
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/4 t salt optional
- 1 pepper to Freshly Ground taste
- 40 kalduni cooked and drained see master recipe
- Tart and slightly sweet, this dish takes its name from the use of paprika typical of Hungarian cuisine which intensifies the sauces russet-orange color and imparts the characteristic flavor.
- INSTRUCTIONS: Heat the oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Add the green pepper and saute, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low and continue to saute, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sauerkraut; toss the mixture for a minute. Stir in the paprika, the tomato puree, then the broth. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 4 minutes. Add the heavy cream and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the salt if necessary and a generous amount of pepper.
- Divide the sauce among heated large dinner plates. Plate 10 kalduni per person on top of the sauce.