Dahl with Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Dahl Recipe gets its zest from red lentils,onion seed. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Recipe , the top 10 on this site.
This is a simple, basic dahl. Use red lentils and the dahl will be done in 10 to 50 minutes. Its also really nice with split peas, but they can take a long, long time to cook.
Dahl Recipe with a beans flavor easy to make with help of very simple ingredients and one of and easy Dahl Recipe
Yield: 6 people
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 2.5 cups water
- 1 tsp kalonji (onion seed)
- 1 tsp butter
- Wash the lentils well, then put in a pan with about 2.5 cups of water and the turmeric.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- When the dahl is almost done, melt a knob of butter in a separate pan and fry the kalonji.
- Pour on top of the dahl. Stir and salt to taste.