How to cook that Peppermint Angel Cake at home.Peppermint Angel Cake recipe makes the best flavorful all time comfort dish. Peppermint Angel Cake recipe can be made in less than 40-50 minutes including prep time. Check below Dinner for step by step directions of preparation of Peppermint Angel Cake recipe.
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon peppermint extract 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, divided 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 6 drops red food coloring
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract 6 drops red food coloring
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies
- In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar, extracts and salt on high speed. Gradually add 3/4 cup of sugar, beating until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Combine flour and remaining sugar; gradually fold into the batter, 1/4 cup at a time. Divide batter in half; tint half with red food coloring. Alternately spoon plain and pink batters into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan.
- Cut through the batter with a knife to remove air pockets. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately invert pan; cool completely. Run a knife around sides of cake and remove from the pan. For glaze, combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, extract and food coloring if desired. Drizzle over cake. Sprinkle with crushed candies.