Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Cabbage Rolls Recipe gets its zest butter,red wine and bones.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Stuffed Cabbage Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls Recipe
- 1 1/2 c brown rice
- 3 c water
- 2 t salt
- 1 t dillseed
- 1/2 t marjoram
- 3/4 t pepper
- 2 1/2 c onion chopped
- 5 T vegetable oil
- 1/2 t paprika
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 eggslarge slightly beaten
- 1/4 c bread crumbs
- 1/2 c parsley fresh minced
- 2 1/2 lb cabbage
- 1 cheesecloth about 6 ft
- 2 1/2 c tomatoes canned chopped
- 1/2 c vermouth dry
- 1/2 c beef broth
- 2 T tomato paste
- 1/2 t sugar
- In a medium bowl cover brown rice with hot water and soak for 3 hours. Drain. In a 2-quart saucepan combine rice, 3 cups water, and 1 1/2 t salt.
- Simmer covered for 40 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Add the dillseed, marjoram, and 1/2 t pepper. In a large skillet saute 1 1/2 cups chopped onion in 3 T hot vegetable oil until soft, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add paprika and garlic, continue cooking and stirring for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice mixture, eggs, bread crumbs, and parsley. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Core cabbage and, in a large pot, blanch the cabbage cored-side-down in boiling salted water for 5 minutes or until it is softened. Drain.
- Remove 12 leaves and cut off one fourth of each leaf from the base. Arrange 1 leaf curved-side down on a square of dampened cheesecloth and place 3 T of rice mixture in the center.
- Wrap the leaf around the filling and twist the corners of the cheesecloth to form the leaf into a roll. Continue making rolls with remaining filling.
- Chop remaining cabbage to make 3 cups and, in a large frypan, saute with 1 cup chopped onions and 2 T vegetable oil until soft. Add tomatoes, vermouth, broth, tomato paste, sugar, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper.
- Simmer the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasonings. Transfer cabbage-tomato sauce mixture to a large baking dish. Arrange the cabbage rolls close together in one layer on the sauce.
- Spoon some of the mixture over the rolls. Bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2 hours. Baste rolls 4 to 5 times during cooking. Let the dish cool. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove cheesecloth. Heat in preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes before serving.