Yellow Split Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients.This Yellow Split Recipe gets its zest bay onion,carrot and peas.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Yellow Split Recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Yellow Split Recipe
Yellow Split Recipe is delicious, tasteful and yammi dish. Yellow Split can be made in less than few minutes with the help of very few ingredients which is available at your nearest super market.Yellow Split recipe easy to make at your home check below step by step directions of the recipe and enjoy cooking.
Yield: 6 people
- 2 c yellow split peas dry
- 6 c stock broth or water
- 1 onion large whole
- 1 carrot large
- 1 turnip large
- 1/8 t marjoram dried
- 1/8 t thyme dried
- 1 t salt
- 1 onion small minced
- 2 T butter melted
- 2 T unbleached flour
- Presoak peas, if necessary, according to package directions.
- Drain well, if presoaked. In a large pot, add water or stock, whole onion, carrot, turnip or parsnip, marjoram, thyme, and salt.
- Cook until peas and vegetables are tender, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Drain well.
- Mash peas and vegetables in blender or press through a sieve.
- In a small frying pan, saute the minced onion in butter until lightly browned; blend in flour and cook about 2 minutes.
- Add to blended peas and vegetables. Beat until fluffy and serve hot.