Chicken Biryani Recipe is an excellent source of protein.it is also a very good source of niacin and phosphorus but whats sets south indian Chicken Biryani Recipe apart from other meats is the fact that it contain less fat.whilst occasionally serving your little one fish with its skin may be acceptable dish is Chicken Biryani Recipe
South Indian chicken biryani recipe step by step preparation
Chicken Biryani Recipe step by step preparation,one of famous recipe Chicken Biryani Recipe,spicy and delicious Chicken Biryani
Yield: 6 people
- One & half kgs Chicken
- One and half kgs Basmati Rice
- 600 gms Oil
- 300 gms Ginger Garlic Paste
- 50 gms Chilli Powder
- 15 pieces (medium sized) Green Chillies
- 500 gms (Ripe NattuThakkali) Tomato
- 1 small bunch Mint
- 2 small bunches Coriander
- 8 pieces Cloves
- 1 medium sized stick Cinnamon
- 5 pieces Cardamon
- 250 gms Onion
- 2 nos Lemon
- 1 ltr Curd
- Salt as per taste
- Cut onion lengthwise. Divide into halves. Cut tomato into 4 pieces. Extract lemon juice and keep aside. Strip pudina leaves. Wash, cut and keep aside
- Strip coriander leaves. Wash, cut and keep aside. Optional to include tender coriander stems.
- Wash chicken, drain water completely and keep aside.
- Place the bigger vessel on the stove. Allow the bottom of the vessel to be heated well.Add oil. Put cloves, cinnamon stick, and cardamon pieces. Wait for few seconds and as it splits add half the quantity of onions.
- Add full quantity of ginger, garlic paste.Simmer and allow the onions, ginger and garlic paste to cook. This should take less than 10 minutes
- Add chicken. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of salt and mix well. Add the remaining onions pieces.Close the vessel with an aluminum lid. Continue to cook in low flame. Using a ladle, stir the contents of the vessel. Allow it to cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove the lid. Add chili powder, green chilies, tomatoes, coriander, pudina, lemon juice and curd.Stir well, close the lid and allow the contents to cook well.
- Continue to cook on low flame.Occasionally stir the contents slowly. After about 20 minutes you may notice the oil separate
- Wash the basmati rice and let it remain soaked in water for not more than 10 minutes.
- At this juncture place the other vessel on the stove. Add water, 4 times the quantity of rice.
- Allow the water to boil, add salt to taste. Remember you have added salt for the chicken gravy.
- As the water starts to boil, transfer soaked rice. Close with a perfect lid. Cook on low flame.
- When the rice is half cooked, without delaying quickly drain out water. Do not throw the drained water.
- Immediately, transfer half cooked rice (sprinkle kesar powder over rice if required) to the chicken gravy. Slowly mix the contents. Ensure rice doesn’t get smashed.
- Put a dosa tava on the stove and place the vessel. Take a neat newspaper and place it on top of the vessel and then keep the lid. On top of the lid, place the drained water. The vessel is now airtight.
- Simmer for about 5 – 10 minutes. Wait for few minutes and open lid. The aroma of biryani would confirm that the cooking is completed.
- Serve hot with onion raitha or brinjal tamarind gravy.
Note: Preferably, use aluminium vessels for cooking authentic chicken biryani. Two aluminium vessels, one for cooking basmati rice (2 Kgs) and another for cooking the gravy (3 kgs) is required. The ingredients are the same for one to one and half kgs of chicken and equal quantity of basmati rice. This quantity serves 7-8 people. For mutton biryani, use mutton and follow the same method