Choucroute Garnie recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Choucroute recipe gets its zest from fresh black pepper,olive oil and garlic.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Choucroute recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Choucroute Garnie Recipe
Choucroute Garnie Recipe with a easy to make with help of very simple ingredients and one of and easy And Choucroute Garnie Recipe,famous Choucroute Garnie recipe
Yield: 6 people
- 1 1/2 lb pork shoulder
- 1 lb knackwurst
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 1 lb bacon
- 3 lb sauerkraut
- 8 juniper berries
- 2 T gin
- 1/2 c wine white
- Polish sausage may be substituted for Italian sausage. Cover bacon strips with boiling water; set aside Cut pork into 1" chunks. Slice knockwurst and Italian sausages in half.
- Combine pork, knockwurst, and sausages and set aside. Drain sauerkraut, rinse in cold water and squeeze dry. Drain bacon and pat dry.
- Chop bacon. Mix into sauerkraut and add crushed juniper berries and gin. Add half of sauerkraut mixture to crackpot, then add mixed meats and remaining sauerkraut, sprinkling with pepper as you go.
- Pour wine over all and cover. Cook about 2 hours on High. Turn into warmed serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with boiled potatoes.
- Pass around mustard or horseradish, if you wish.