Gratin Potatoes recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Gratin recipe gets its zest from heavy potatoes ,onion,and basil.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Gratin Potatoes recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Gratin Potatoes Recipe
Gratin Potatoes Recipe with a easy to make with help of very simple ingredients and one of and easy And Gratin Potatoes Recipe,famous Gratin Potatoes recipe
Yield: 4 people
- 4 1/2 lb potatoes
- 2 sm cloves garlic
- 2 md scallions
- 2 t fresh thyme minced
- 1/2 t nutmeg Fresh Ground
- 1 3/4 t salt
- 1/2 t white pepper Fresh Ground
- 3 c half and half (or light)
- cream or as needed
- 2 T butter
- Peel and cut potatoes into paper-thin slices. Rinse with cold water and drain. Peel and mince garlic. Trim and mince scallions. In a bowl, stir together garlic, scallions, thyme, nutmeg, 3/4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat oven to 300 F. Butter a 3- to 4-quart heatproof baking-serving dish. Put a layer of potatoes on the bottom of the dish and sprinkle with the scallion-garlic mixture.
- Repeat 4 times, finishing with a layer of potatoes. Pour in just enough half-and-half to cover the potatoes. Cover the dish and set over very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover, dot with butter, and bake until potatoes are tender, about 2 ½ hours.