Classic Macaroni Cheese recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Classic Macaroni Cheese recipe gets its zest from fresh cheese. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Classic Macaroni Cheese recipe, the top 10 on this site
Classic Macaroni Cheese recipe step by step preparation
- 2 cups macaroni
- 2 cups onions , chopped
- 2 cups evaporated fat-free milk
- 1 medium egg , beaten
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1¼ cups low-fat cheddar cheese , finely shredded
- nonstick cooking spray , as needed
- Cook macaroni according to directions—but do not add salt to the cooking water. Drain and set aside.
- Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spray saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add onions to saucepan and saute for about 3 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine macaroni, onions, and the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture into casserole dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.