Country Terrine recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Country Terrine recipe gets its zest from heavy cream,onion,and basil.Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Country Terrine recipe , best recipe of this kind and enjoy cooking.
Country Terrine Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb beef livers (or pork livers)
- 1/2 c heavy cream
- 1/2 lb pork fat
- 1 1/2 lb pork boneless
- 1 lg onion chopped
- 1 T butter
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 T basil Dried
- 1 T thyme Dried
- 2 eggs
- 1 T salt
- 1 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 T white flour
- 1/3 c brandy
- 3 sl barding fat
- 3 bay leaves
- Grind liver, add cream, and let stand for 1 hour. Grind pork fat with pork.
- In a frying pan, sat onion in butter for 5 minutes. Add garlic, parsley, basil, and thyme. Remove from heat.
- Heat oven to 350 F In a large mixing bowl, combine liver mixture, pork, herb mixture, eggs, salt, pepper, flour, and brandy. Mix well.
- Fry a patty and adjust seasoning.Put barfing fat in the bottom of a 9- by 5-inch loaf pan. Pour in meat mixture.
- Put bay leaves on top. Seal tightly with foil, put loaf pan in a larger pan, and add water to come halfway up the terrine.
- Bring to a simmer and then put into oven and bake until a skewer inserted into the center for 1/2 minute is very hot when withdrawn, 1 ½ to 1 3/4 hours.