Homestyle Biscuits Recipe is easy to make with help of very simple ingredients. This Biscuits Recipe gets its zest from fresh biscuits. Here is one of my favorite quick and easy Biscuits Recipe, the top 10 on this site.
Homestyle Biscuits Recipe step by step preparation at home
Homestyle Biscuits Recipe Step By Step Preparation,preparation time for Homestyle Biscuits,famous dish is Homestyle Biscuits recipe
Yield: 4 people
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ⅔ cup low-fat (1%) buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- preheat oven at 450 f
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
- In small bowl, stir together buttermilk and oil. Pour over flour mixture and stir until well mixed.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10–12 strokes. Roll or pat dough to ¾-inch thickness.
- Cut with a 2-inch round biscuit or cookie cutter, dipping cookie cutter in flour between cuts.
- Transfer biscuits to an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.